[Gsoc 2014] Creating a code sharing website for Octave [Replacing Agora]

From: oswalpalash
Subject: [Gsoc 2014] Creating a code sharing website for Octave [Replacing Agora]
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 22:13:54 -0800 (PST)

Agora is a present code sharing website for GNU Octave based on Django using
Celeryd.
Unfortunately the bundles and forge portion of the website are presently non
functional and would not work without Celeryd.
There is an open source project like Agora for Scipy called Scipy Central.
Scipy Central is presently in a better working state than Agora (and it does
not work with celeryd), hence I have chosen to modify and upgrade the
ScipyCentral system for Octave this summer.

PROJECT : OCTAVE CODE SHARE ::
https://github.com/oswalpalash/OctaveCodeShare (temporarily pushed to git )

*Things working with Scipy Central:*
1) login-email system.
2) snipplet sharing system.
3) zip file sharing system. (the contents of zip are displayed)

*What all needs to be done with Scipy Central:*
1)Extend the working capability with other archive methods.
2)Input a commenting system.
3)Permission changes in various areas.( make the guest user to see the title
and category of submission but not the exact code)
4)Make the user interface Octave like. ( css-html edits)
5)Make profiles more responsive -> add chat like support/profile picture
etc.

Kindly suggest me more changes / edits to this post.

Palash Oswal