Re: Link in Copyright Notices

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Link in Copyright Notices
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 01:15:20 -0500

On 1/8/20 12:43 AM, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
On 1/8/20 5:16 AM, Rik wrote:

@jwe: In your changeset you created all links
"https://octave.org/COPYRIGHT.html/"; with trailing slash.  Is that a typo?

Oh, I guess it is a mistake. I used the same format as <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/> without thinking that the link to the licenses page is a directory(?) name. I thought that was just part of the markup. And now that I think about it, I'm not even sure why that form is the recommended one for the copyright notice. But that's what is in the example in the COPYING file.

Shall I add COPYRIGHT.md to the Octave homepage to make the link
"https://octave.org/COPYRIGHT.html"; part of the Jekyll-website, which
does not exist (404) yet?

Yes, it would be great if you could do that, though the file may change a bit more before the 6.1 release so it would also be OK to wait until that happens.