Re: Getting Tablicious on Octave Forge

From: José Abílio Matos
Subject: Re: Getting Tablicious on Octave Forge
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 18:26:52 +0000

On Saturday, January 18, 2020 7:18:00 PM WET Andrew Janke wrote:
> Hi, Octave folks,
>
> I think my Tablicious package is now stable enough (with the version
> 0.3.0 release) for it to be exposed to the general Octave user
> community. I would like to get it on Octave Forge as an External
> Package, so people can make use of it, and I can get some user feedback
> and bug reports.
>
> https://github.com/apjanke/octave-tablicious
>
> If you're okay with this, could someone help me through the process of
> submitting the package to Octave Forge?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,
        I decided to try your package. I am unable to install it using
octave 6, since I am running in-place it complains that I have an incomplete
octave installation since:

error: pkg: unable to find the mkoctfile command, Octave installation is
incomplete
error: called from
    __gripe_missing_component__ at line 60 column 3
    configure_make at line 50 column 7
    install at line 196 column 7
    pkg at line 505 column 9

If I install it using octave 5(.1.0) it works yet trying to load it from
octave 6 says:

>> pkg load tablicious
error: '__octave_link_register_doc__' undefined near line 35, column 35
error: called from
    /home/jamatos/.local/share/octave/tablicious-0.3.0/PKG_ADD at line 35
column 3
    load_packages_and_dependencies at line 56 column 5
    load_packages at line 53 column 3
    pkg at line 525 column 7

Is this to be expected?

FWIW I am running Fedora (Linux) 31.

Thank you for the nice work you have been doing. Best regards,
--
José Matos