Re: GSOC 2020 Idea Discussion

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: GSOC 2020 Idea Discussion
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 16:16:57 +0000

> Il giorno 23 feb 2020, alle ore 10:49, Atharva Dubey <address@hidden> ha
> scritto:
>
> Hello All,
> I am Atharva Dubey, currently in my 3rd year of engineering from BITS PILANI
> PILANI
> I have been an avid user of octave for the past 2 years mainly for image
> processing, pattern recognition, and signal processing. I ventured into the
> field of machine and deep learning and quickly grasped it with python and
> sometimes with c++ with all my robotics projects. I recently had to use
> Matlab for deep learning research and it really hurt octave not having any
> DL/ML any offial package.
> I propose to develop a  Deep Learning package using a c++ backend for octave
> with cuda support for accelerated computing. The API operating on the user
> part will be user quite easy to use, using array like declarations build
> layers of the model just like matlab.
>
> I wanted feedback and wanted to discuss about this project for GSoC 2020
>  Thanks and Regards

Hi,
There has been a previous project trying to build an Octave interface to
TensorFlow via Pytave [1].
As Pytave has since evolved to become Pythonic [2], one approach worth
considering would be to pick-up
where that project had left and complete it using Pythonic.
c.

[1] https://gsocnnet.blogspot.com/
[2] https://gitlab.com/mtmiller/octave-pythonic