Re: GSOC 2020 Idea Discussion

From: Atharva Dubey
Subject: Re: GSOC 2020 Idea Discussion
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 09:11:02 +0530

Respected Sir,
I did look into the pyTave implementation.  I am inclining more towards the integration of an existing framework like MLPack or C++ API of PyTorch with octave to provide a complete C++ backend for superior speed. Frameworks like Pytorch have superior resource management built into them which would become difficult to implement.
I propose that I would take MLPack and one by one add the algorithms with giving them AVX and or Cuda support for Nvidia GPU alongside the existing OpenBlas. We could have 2 toolboxes one for machine learning and another for deep learning. These packages could be then used with existing visualization tools making it a whole Data Science/ ML package.
Thanks and Regards
Atharva