Re: Octave 6.0.90 test release available on alpha.gnu.org

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Octave 6.0.90 test release available on alpha.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 12:20:56 +0000

> Il giorno 3 set 2020, alle ore 09:30, Markus Mützel <markus.muetzel@gmx.de>
> ha scritto:
>
> Does the linking error when compiling .mex files need to be fixed in Octave?
> Or is this something that needs to change on the packaging side (i.e., in
> homebrew)?

I am not using homebrew, I am building manually using configure/make/install

Anyway, if I understand correctly the error should only affect compilation of
mex-files BEFORE installing Octave,
after Octave is installed libraries should be found and linking should work.

If that is the case this should be regarded as a bug in Octave's
configure/build system ...

I'll see if I can provide more info later.

c.