openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] exrdisplay compile woes on Redhat 7.3

From: Paul Schneider
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] exrdisplay compile woes on Redhat 7.3
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:10:39 -0800

Hi, John,

your link line looks unusual. Are you using the Makefiles generated by ./configure, or are you running a custom build step? You should probably stick to the Makefiles, if possible.

The link is failing because you're not linking to the FLTK or GL libraries. You need to add something like this:

-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lfltk_gl -lGLU /usr/lib/libGL.so -ldl -lfltk /usr/lib/libXft.so -lfontconfig /usr/lib/libfreetype.so /usr/lib/libXrender.so -lpthread -lm -lXext -lX11 -lstdc++

This should be taken care of automatically if you use our build system. Try doing a "make distclean", then run bootstrap and configure again - it should build Makefiles that work on your system.

Oh, wait, I see you're using gcc 2.96. It's possible that the Makefile for exrdisplay doesn't get built properly with that configuration. I think the only reason we support that compiler is for building shake plugins on Linux. Try executing the link line with the extra libraries and see if that works (and make sure your FLTK libs were compiled with the right compiler).

- Paul