openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] Image viewer with exr support?

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] Image viewer with exr support?
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 11:33:00 -0700

The following viewers support OpenEXR.  Most likely there are more.

Commercial

    * framecycler (http://www.framecycler.com/)

    * P3dO Explorer (http://www.senosoft.com/softp3do.php)

    * rv, a new image viewer from from Tweak Films, supports OpenEXR;
      I don't know if the product has already been officially released.
      You may want to contact Tweak (ttp://www.tweakfilms.com/).

Free

    * KSquirrel (http://ksquirrel.sourceforge.net/)

    * possibly Gwenview -- "Gwenview can load and save all image formats
      supported by KDE" (http://gwenview.sourceforge.net/overview)

As far as I know, newer versions of Quicktime and OS X support
OpenEXR, so Quicktime viewers and viewers that use Apples' image I/O
frame work should be able to display .exr images.

Florian

Eric Boer wrote:
Hi all,

Hope this isn't too frivolous but I am looking for a general purpose
image viewer that supports exr as well as the other common image
formats. Anything out there I have missed?

Thanks,

Eric