pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] PAN & dates (fwd)

From: gaw zay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] PAN & dates (fwd)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:30:49 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Charles Kerr wrote:

> Yes.  By default Pan should, when entering a new group,
> download a few hundred articles instead of all of them.
> Agree/disagree?

Agree and do it how Netscape does for news: pop up a dialog if the amount
of msgs is over a user set threshhold, ask if they want ALL msgs or [dialog]
box that allows you to say how many you want (starting with the newest and going
backwards in time).

sounds like the perfect solution to me :-)

brian
---
All progress is the work of fanatics
All fanatics are the work of progress
  9:00pm  up  4:20,  3 users,  load average: 1.02, 1.25, 1.29