pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Saving articles

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Saving articles
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 20:37:22 -0500

Brian,

> > Exactly. This is precisely what does not work. I select an article (it
> > is highlighted in dark blue upper right quadrant and displayed so I
> > can read it lower right quadrant), and then enter Ctl-s. The Save
> > Attachments As... dialog pops up. Since the message has no
> > attachments, nothing gets saved.
>
> I -think - the best to save article bodies is to Forward by email them to
> yourself. Look in the "post" menu.

That I've had to do, but not only is it inefficient, but obviously
that's not the way things are supposed to work. Surely everyone
somehow manages to Save messages As... without going to the trouble of
emailing themselves and then saving as... a second time.

That a Save Attachments dialog pops up instead of a Save Message
dialog is either a bug or an improper procedure on my end. Since no
one has suggested it is a bug, I must be doing something wrong.

Haines