pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.11.94 Impressions

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.11.94 Impressions
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:03:19 -0500

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 05:53:38PM -0400, Douglas Bollinger wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:04:04 -0500
> Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > the idea of making it nagware under Lose32 actually isn't a bad idea. tell
> > them "donate $29 to make this message go away, or learn Linux/UNIX and you
> > can get it for free, like lots of other software for Linux/UNIX."
>
> Yeah, make the average computer populace associate free (libre) software
> with those crappy, annoying nagware programs that are available in Windows.
> That should bring people to Linux in droves! :P

true. good point.
I suppose porting to Windows would have some benefits in code cleanliness
and orgnization, by causing the programmer to re-evaluate certain structures
and assumptions. (sort of like learning a foreign language helps you
understand your own better).

<humor>
the BOFH in me still tells me to put a sublimial message in the Windows
version encouraging users to kill themselves and put them out of my misery
tho. ;)
</humor>

Carl Soderstrom.
--