pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Upgrading to Pan v0.12.0 on Red Hat Linux 7.1 issues

From: Phillip Pi
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Upgrading to Pan v0.12.0 on Red Hat Linux 7.1 issues
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 02:18:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Christophe Lambin wrote:

> > Feel free to tinker with the 012-install-howto if there are things
> > that could be clearer or need to added/removed. ;)
>
> I did have a look at what while helping this guy. The HowTo's actually quite
> good, provided you stay on the path. Unfortunately, this guy was all over the
> place. :)

Christophe. I noticed something. I believe gtk2 package wanted me to
upgrade libpng from v1.0.12-2 (Red Hat Linux v7.1 and v7.2) to v1.2.2-5
(rpmfind.net) because libpng12.so.0 was missing. I think the old libpng
package was from Red Hat's up2date, but I don't really remember. Now, I
have two libpng since I did an install force. IIRC, upgrading (rpm -Uvh)
had dependencies all over the places (e.g., Nautilus, kruler, eog, lisa,
ktimer, gnome-core, abiword, etc.). However, other programs seem to still
work. I guess having two libpng packages are fine.

Another question, is it normal for Pan not to use my theme/custom desktop
settings? I get the boring GNOME defaults except for my custom border.

Thank you in advance.