pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Q: Pan vs. yEnc posting, recommendations?

From: gaw zay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Q: Pan vs. yEnc posting, recommendations?
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 10:34:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Wolf J.Flywheel wrote:

>       Ok, that's what I get for being in a hurry, I guess... but I feel
> embarrassed anyway.  I began to post a fun file in one of my favorite
> newsgroups, then realized that Pan's posting of split binaries (you
> know, ReallyBigFile.part01.rar...) is not automated.  I searched
> Freshmeat, found "newspost", and grumbled as I found its web site
> unreachable.  I still wanted to do the post, so I figured I'd do it by
> hand... ten minutes of pointing and clicking later, I put Pan to
> "Online" (didn't want to hit my download cap while preparing the
> upload) and watched as 25 tiny articles marked "(1 of 1)" spewed forth.

you can't post binaries at all in pan at this time, unless charles sneaked
it in or something (the dialogs for it are just placeholders)

>       Anyway, I figure some of y'all must have done this before, so I should
> ask what you use.  Basically I want something I can tell, "Post all
> files in ~/upload/ to alt.binaries.thingamajigs", and walk away.  Any
> recommendations if newspost is obsolete or unavailable?  Anything I
> should avoid like the plague?

newspost is very good, for yEnc try ypost. it does segment reposts too it
says. I haven't used that feature yet though.

brian
--
Never be afraid to tell the world who you are.
             -- Anonymous