pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] State of Windows port

From: Postfix
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] State of Windows port
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 16:22:38 -0400

On Sunday 30 June 2002 03:39, Gabi Davar wrote:
> Once upon a time Pan was unusable on my Linux box, and I tried both.
> After a _very_ short period, I decided its better to try and help Pan
> development than using those.

I think Pan is better than either of those for dealing with binaries at
this point.  For reading text groups Agent still has the edge in my book
because of the ease with which you can mark articles as "kept" (not to be
deleted from the cache) and every group has its own cache so your text
messages don't get wasted the next time you pull a music video down or
something.

But I haven't actually run Agent in about 6 months because for the amount
of text group reading I do it's silly to keep a separate news reader
installed (much less one that works as slowly as Agent sometimes does
whether under Wine or not.)

Rob