pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] State of Windows port

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] State of Windows port
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 16:27:01 -0500

> I think Pan is better than either of those for dealing with binaries at
> this point.  For reading text groups Agent still has the edge in my book

one thing I really miss from Agent, is the option which saves the text of
the message, when downloading binaries. that way, when your
auto-download-and-decode rules find something you like, you can find the
original post and read it, without having to download again.

> But I haven't actually run Agent in about 6 months because for the amount
> of text group reading I do it's silly to keep a separate news reader
> installed (much less one that works as slowly as Agent sometimes does
> whether under Wine or not.)
        I always found Agent to be *amazingly* fast. Much more than Pan used
to be, and maybe even marginally faster than it is now. Even when it was
Agent on a P166 running win95, and pan now on a 1.1GHz Thunderbird K7.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises