pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan needs some serious fixing

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan needs some serious fixing
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:47:36 -0600

Horacus Horacus wrote:
> Typical of Linux community, as soon as someone voices some criticism they
> the called bastards and tripe. And we wonder why Windows took over the
> world.

That is complete and utter bullshit.

I work in an online community supporting many operating systems,
including Windows; if you'd posted in that community in the style and
degree of sarcasm and criticism, you'd have received the *exact* same
treatment there.

Try attracting bees with honey rather than vinegar, you'll find it works
better.

When you come out with guns blazing lobbing insults at the people you
want help from, that provides very little incentive for the people
you're asking for help to actually help you.  Who do you think the
developers are, at your beck and call and that you can treat them like
dirt just because you are (in your own words) "an ungratefull, loudmouth
s.o.b who will bith, moan, and whine when things don't go his way."
Guess what, if you are an ungrateful loudmouth SOB who does nothing than
bitch, moan, and whine when things don't go your way, things will
*continue* to not go your way, because nobody will feel like helping
you.

Basically, you have two choices; be civil in your requests and bug
reports (as Charles so kindly asked you to do, showing heroic restraint
IMNSHO) and make people want to help you, or go away.  Your choice.

Jim