pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan-users digest, Vol 1 #160 - 13 msgs

From: Brian Morrison
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan-users digest, Vol 1 #160 - 13 msgs
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:27:42 +0100

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 04:44:22 -0400,
address@hidden wrote:

>I wanted to avoid a *specific* example because there's a lot of power in
>the suggestion, and I didn't want it to be brushed off as "Jim's looking
>for something that's useful to him and nobody else".  I believe the
>ability to combine filters together in a logical manner (ie, using
>and/or/not operators) would be of use in many, many more situations than
>my specific situation.

May I second this request please.

I previously used a newsreader for OS/2 that allowed any number of
sequential complex filters to be defined, sadly the source code was
orphaned and the coders decided not to make it open source. This made
it fantastically powerful. In fact I still use one of their products
for mail although I suppose I will be moving to Sylpheed fairly soon.

One really useful ability of the filters was that I could set the text
colour of articles in the article pane, so things I wanted to be able
to quickly scan could be visually spotted very easily. Watched threads
in Pan are alreay coloured, would it be possible to enhance this
capability to include colouring actions from filters?

--
Brian Morrison                                       address@hidden
              do you know how far this has gone?