pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] stupid question

From: Gollum
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] stupid question
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:22:24 +0200

On 12 Aug 2002 23:32:30 -0300
Submit <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've just installed pan 0.12.1 and is great but is very ugly compared
> to the screenshots in the site!, Do I have to install pan 0.12.9 for a
> nicer look?

If I remember correctly, one of the first things I did after installing
Pan (0.12.1) was to go into "Preferences" and replace all the "serif"
fonts with "sans".  That made the text a lot more readable on screen,
and I presently have no reason to complain about Pan's apperance.

Serif fonts (like "Times") really shouldn't be used as default, since
they must be larger than sans-serif fonts (like "Helvetica" or "Arial")
to be readable on a computer monitor.  Serifs are more suitable for
printed material.

I suggest Pan use a sans-serif font instead of the serif font as
default, if that's something selected by the Pan programmers, i.e. not
inherited from the settings of the window manager.

If there are other problems than the font, have you tried to change the
theme in your window manager?