pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] stupid question

From: Francisco Hidalgo Sola
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] stupid question
Date: 13 Aug 2002 10:51:16 -0300

El mar, 13-08-2002 a las 04:22, Gollum escribió:
> On 12 Aug 2002 23:32:30 -0300
> Submit <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I've just installed pan 0.12.1 and is great but is very ugly compared
> > to the screenshots in the site!, Do I have to install pan 0.12.9 for a
> > nicer look?
>
> If I remember correctly, one of the first things I did after installing
> Pan (0.12.1) was to go into "Preferences" and replace all the "serif"
> fonts with "sans".  That made the text a lot more readable on screen,
> and I presently have no reason to complain about Pan's apperance.
>
> Serif fonts (like "Times") really shouldn't be used as default, since
> they must be larger than sans-serif fonts (like "Helvetica" or "Arial")
> to be readable on a computer monitor.  Serifs are more suitable for
> printed material.
>
> I suggest Pan use a sans-serif font instead of the serif font as
> default, if that's something selected by the Pan programmers, i.e. not
> inherited from the settings of the window manager.
>
> If there are other problems than the font, have you tried to change the
> theme in your window manager?

Yes maybe the problem is the theme of my window manager, but since I'm
new to the graphical part of linux didn't know if it's something I could
change in the program or not.
So I'll see what I can do with the window manager since discusing about
it here would be OT.
Changing the fonts helped a lot too, I noticed that they were very small
to read well.
Thank you.

Francisco