pan-users

[Pan-users] Galeon and DISPLAY

From: John LeMay
Subject: [Pan-users] Galeon and DISPLAY
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:06:01 -0400 (EDT)

>From the changes in 0.12.94:

: added "galeon --new-tab" to the dropdown list of browsers in the
: preferences dialog. Thanks to Martin Tomasek for suggesting this.

On a similar note, and maybe this is a Galeon issue, is there a way to
force Galeon to open a new window and do so on the same display where Pan
is running?

Here's the deal. My laptop runs Windows XP. My desktop is upstairs. I run
Exceed on my laptop primarily so I can use Pan on my laptop (downstairs).
Even though I export DISPLAY properly before running Pan (otherwise Pan
wouldn't show up on my laptop!), trying to open a link leads to an error
in the console stating that Galeon is already running and I should use
that window instead. Sometimes I'll go upstairs later to find a dozen or
so Galeon windows open with all of the links I tried to click on.

Any ideas?

--
John LeMay
Senior Enterprise Consultant