pan-users

[Pan-users] .13.0.91 thoughts

From: Chris Petersen
Subject: [Pan-users] .13.0.91 thoughts
Date: 02 Oct 2002 22:57:54 -0700

well, after installing redhat 8, my isp's news server decided to die...
but I finally have the latest pan up and running, and it looks good..
however, I do have some complaints/suggestions...

First of all, what happened to the middle-click-to-activate option?  I
used to have things set so that single click would select (like it's
SUPPOSED to do), and a middle-click or double click would activate.
Please bring this back, it's ever so nice.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the sorting issues (they've been in pan for a
long time)...  When I bring up a list of articles, sorted by subject,
they list as:

1 something
[1] some other thing part 1
10 some third thing
2 something else
[2] some other thing part 2
23 more junk

this may be pan trying to be more gracious to people in binary
newsgroups, but these ARE in binary newsgroups, and it drives me NUTS.
If anything, make it an option, but PLEASE give me normal case-sensitive
ascii-code sorting ability...

selecting articles with the keyboard doesn't work.  hold down shift,
press up/down arrow and it selects 2 articles.  press the same direction
key again and it unselects the first article, and selects one new one.
this should NOT happen, even if you let go of shift, press shift again
and then press the arrow key.  pretty sure that this bug has been in the
gtk2 tree for awhile, too (I don't check bugzilla, sorry if this is a
re-submit)

those are the major ones..

minor ones are:

control-W to close any windows (with the possible exception of the main
window)

make the delete key work in the task list - it's annoying to have to
click the delete button.

anyway, that's all I have for now..  I'm sure I'll run into more issues
as I use the program more.

-Chris