pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] .13.0.91 thoughts

From: Chris Petersen
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] .13.0.91 thoughts
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 08:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

> > PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the sorting issues (they've been in pan for a
> > long time)...  When I bring up a list of articles, sorted by subject,
> > they list as:
> I wasn't aware of this issue.  Can you file a bugzilla report so this
> doesn't get lost ?

done.  and now I wrote down my bugzilla login info so I won't forget it.

> > control-W to close any windows (with the possible exception of the main
> > window)
> I like this. Just one though: what would be a good way of making that obvious
> in the user interface (the Task Manager and Log Viewer come to mind) ? People
> won't use it unless they know about these shortcuts. :)

hmm, that's an issue, I guess..  the most obvious thing would be to just
make control-W work in the main window, too, and add a menu option for it.
Other than that (for graphical non-emacs apps, anyway) control-w is pretty
much the de facto standard for "close window" and most users should be
aware of it by now (or at least not be particularly surprised when it
works)...

I guess another option would be to build a huge context-sensitive help
system for pan.  :)

-Chris