pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] .13.0.91 thoughts

From: Christophe Lambin
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] .13.0.91 thoughts
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 09:00:28 +0200

Chris Petersen [02/10/02 22:57 -0700]:

> PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the sorting issues (they've been in pan for a
> long time)...  When I bring up a list of articles, sorted by subject,
> they list as:

I wasn't aware of this issue.  Can you file a bugzilla report so this
doesn't get lost ?

> selecting articles with the keyboard doesn't work.  hold down shift,
> press up/down arrow and it selects 2 articles.  press the same direction
> key again and it unselects the first article, and selects one new one.

Yes, there's a bugzilla report on this issue. The problem is that the GTK
widget that would fix this issue is too slow right now to handle 10,000+
headers.

> control-W to close any windows (with the possible exception of the main
> window)

I like this. Just one though: what would be a good way of making that obvious
in the user interface (the Task Manager and Log Viewer come to mind) ? People
won't use it unless they know about these shortcuts. :)

> make the delete key work in the task list - it's annoying to have to
> click the delete button.

Makes sense.

Regards,
Christophe