pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.3 w/GTK 2.2 - WoW!

From: Mark Smitka
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.3 w/GTK 2.2 - WoW!
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:39:37 -0500

On Thursday 02 January 2003 9:08 am, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> On Tuesday 31 December 2002 01:15, Mark Smitka wrote:
> > I just finished building/installing GTK 2.2 on my Redhat 8.0 system, and
> > I am blown away!  Besides the great functionality of Pan, it looks
> > incredible with GTK 2.2!  I thought it looked pretty sharp w/2.0, but
> > whoa . . I'm almost speechless!  Yes, I know . . I need a life. :)
> >
> > Mark
>
> Question: is 2.2 binary compatible with 2.0? I mean: can I compile 2.2 and
> remove 2.0 without breaking anything?

It's quite a coincidence that you ask.  Below is a copy of a thread I started
with respect to the 2.2 update. Basically, I use KDE and a few GTK2.x apps. I
can certainly live with the issues I found, but using a Gnome desktop might
be difficult after the upgrade. I didn't remove anything else (older
version), so perhaps that's my problem.  In any case, . . use caution. :)

-----
Following GTK2.2, Gnome applets crash