pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Full lockup when using follow-up

From: Jakob Breivik Grimstveit
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Full lockup when using follow-up
Date: 15 Jan 2003 12:03:55 +0100

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 09:11, Duncan wrote:
> On Tue 14 Jan 2003 15:21, Jakob Breivik Grimstveit posted as excerpted below:
>
> > Since noone has answered to this, I assume it just might be a bug or
> > something. Same setup, same RH8 works on my home computer just fine.
> > Couldn't find any differences that could indicate why this happened.
> > Should I file a bug report or something?
>
> Just another user, here, and can't interpret the debug logs, but that could
> be
> a couple things.  I'm guessing the most likely is the config, in ~/.pan/.

Thanks for your valuable feedback. I've got a cute script taking output
from a fifo-file with a script running in the background like this:

-=-=-=-=-
#!/bin/sh
while [ 1 ] ; do
        export TMPFILE=".sigtmp"

        echo -e "\n-- " > $TMPFILE
        cat ~/.sig_private >> $TMPFILE
        echo >> $TMPFILE
        /usr/games/fortune -n 72 -s >> $TMPFILE
        cat $TMPFILE > ~/.fifo_sig_news
done
-=-=-=-=-

This silly script didn't run, thus it never came any output from my
fifo-file, thus the new window with posting never appeard. Silly me for
forgetting that .sig-thing, thank you Duncan for making me study the
profile somewhat more closely.

Problem fixed, all is well.

--
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit
System Integrator, Bergen IT Department, Star Shipping AS

Sacred cows make great hamburgers.