pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Neat new features in CVS

From: Thomas Gamble
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Neat new features in CVS
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:48:51 -0700

On Friday 24 January 2003 12:57 pm, Charles Kerr wrote:

>       * multipart tasks now try to use as many server connections
>       as permitted, rather than just one, so that the task will finish
>       twice (or three times, or four times) as fast.

This is nice and seems to work smoothly.

>       * if a "read article" task is added to the task manager,
>       a connection is siphoned off of a multipart task to satisfy
>       the request, then returned to the multipart task after
>       the "read article" task is done.

slick.

All in all, some good improvements.

Comments:
 - The 'time remaining' column doesn't work when downloading binaries.  It
does seem to work when reading article though.
 - When stopping and deleting a running task, the status changes to '???', but
it is not removed from the task manager.
 - The 'offline' button doesn't kick in until the currently running task(s)
finishes.  It's not a huge problem though unless you want to pause loading a
large number of headers. Is this what you intended?
 - I don't know if it's on your todo list, but the column headers scroll off
the top when paging through the task list.  Also, you cannot click-n-drag to
select tasks.  These are both inconsistent with the rest of PAN.

--
Thomas K. Gamble
address@hidden

A soft answer turns away wrath,
but grievous words stir up anger.
(Proverbs 15:1)

Current Linux kernel 2.4.19-16mdkenterprise, Uptime: 20:25 hours