pan-users

Re: [Pan-users]Pan-0.13.3 configure error

From: sun4u
Subject: Re: [Pan-users]Pan-0.13.3 configure error
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 13:40:09 -0600

>You need to look at config.log to find out why the test program wouldn't
>compile or run.

>It should look something like this (this is from the CVS version but you
>get the idea...)

>configure:7584: checking preferred charset formats for system iconv
>configure:7603: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 [snip rest of long line]
>conftest$configure:7606: $? = 0
>configure:7608: ./conftest
>System prefers iso-8859-1
>System prefers iso-2022-jp
>System prefers iso-10646
>configure:7611: $? = 0
>configure:7614: result: found

I looked at the log and here is what it says:
(Despite having /usr/local/lib/libgdbm.so.2 in path and in ld.config)

ld.so.1: ./conftest: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or
directory
./configure: line 1:  3901 Killed                  ./conftest$ac_exeext
configure:6411: $? = 137
configure: program exited with status 137
configure: failed program was:
#line 6394 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#define CONFIGURE_IN
#include "iconv-detect.c"

configure:6428: result: not found
configure:6436: error:
        *** The iconv-detect program was unable to determine the
        *** preferred charset formats recognized by your system
        *** iconv library. It is suggested that you install a
        *** working iconv library such as the one found at
        *** ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv

So, I'm without a clue. Maybe I go back to gtk1 version, unless someone has
some insight.

Thanks Again.

dr

--