pan-users

[Pan-users] pan and gnet-1.3.0

From: Jean Ribiere
Subject: [Pan-users] pan and gnet-1.3.0
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:48:10 +0100

As gnetlibrary is required for pan, I have installed the latest
release : gnet-1.3.0.

When I try to compile pan-0.13.3.91 or the latest CVS iget the
following message :
  checking for gnet-config... no
  checking for GNET - version >= 1.1.5... no
  *** The gnet-config script installed by GNet could not be found
  *** If GNet was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
  *** your path, or set the GNET_CONFIG environment variable to the
  *** full path to gnet-config.
  configure: error: Cannot find GNet: Is gnet-config in path?

The problem is to test if gnet is installed, a test verifies if
gnet-config is present but this file is no longer installed in
gnet-1.3.0, cf NEWS of this release :

  Changes in Gnet
  1.3.0 ("Tomacco" DEVELOPERS release)
  -----
  * IPv6 support
  * Server, Conn, URI, and Unix modules are no longer "experimental"
  * Header files are now in gnet-1.3
  * gnet-config removed.  Use pkg-config.
  * Many API changes