pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] pan and gnet-1.3.0

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] pan and gnet-1.3.0
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 14:59:14 -0800

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 06:44:40AM -0700, Duncan wrote:

> .. Well, it DOES say developer's release...
>
> You might try creating a symink to the new file named as the old, and placed
> where it can be found, but that may not work.  Given that they say "many API
> changes", the API PAN uses may have been changed, so 1.3 won't work.  If
> that's the case, an earlier version may be necessary.

My preference would be to keep Pan on the stable branch of GNet,
and then to bump Pan's GNet configure checks only when the current
Tomacco branch is out of beta.

OTOH if someone wants to patch Pan's configure.in to do both tests,
via pkg-config and gnet-config, I'd accept the patch.

cheers,
Charles