pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] feature request: sort the entries in task manager by

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] feature request: sort the entries in task manager by
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:10:39 -0700

On Thu 06 Feb 2003 01:24, Marcus Kahn posted as excerpted below:
> what do you think about a feature to sort the entries in the taskmanager by
> article-release date, so you could sort the queue in a way, that the oldes
> articles could be downloaded first. other newsreades (as GrabIT on windows
> platforms) have this feature implemented.
>
> it should not be to hard to implement, but people would benefit a lot from
> it.
>
> what do you think?

What do I think?  I think it's a neat feature, worthy of implementation, but
if I were the lead developer, I'd be more concerned with other things (such
as the filter code rewrite I understand is now going on, or the eventual back
end db format change).  I'd implement it tho if someone provided a well
written patch to do it.  (Hint.  <g>  Said as someone who doesn't do C coding
yet myself, so just another user in that regard.)

I do that myself, essentially manually, by sorting the display by date, then
selecting manually using shift-click top to bottom so the first downloaded
are the oldest ones, when some of the old messages might be about to expire.
It'd be nice to be able to click a button and have it done automatically, but
it isn't a must-have feature like better filtering/scoring on more than
subject and author, IMO, since sorting and d/ling by date is doable manually
without TO much trouble.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin