pan-users

[Pan-users] CVS/Autoconf newbie level help

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] CVS/Autoconf newbie level help
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 00:06:21 -0700

Trying to get a first successful CVS sourced run, but having difficulties.
This is on Mandrake 9.1 Cooker.

Running autogen.sh, I get the following warnings
<quote>
Running glib-gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
Copying file po/Makefile.in.in

Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /usr/local/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.
</quote>

Well, here, those were in /usr/share/aclocal, not the /usr/local version.  So,
I first try putting symlinks in the pan/macros dir.  That doesn't work, same
warning.  Try copying them, same warning.  Try symlinking putting symlinks in
the /usr/local location, in case something is hardcoded to that, same thing.

Is this the wrong macros dir?  Does it always say this even wen it's correct?
Do I simply have a wrong version of something?

Later, I get what I am assuming is a related error
<quote>
Running autoconf ...
configure.in:8: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
      See the Autoconf documentation.

**Error**: `autoconf' failed. Please fix the warnings
(probably missing development files) and try again.
</quote>

Then, a configure error
<quote>
checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... (cached) yes
./configure: line 5598: syntax error near unexpected token `GLIB,'
./configure: line 5598: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GLIB, glib-2.0 >= 2.0.4'
</quote>

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin