pan-users

[Pan-users] Feature requests

From: Claus Paludan
Subject: [Pan-users] Feature requests
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:44:04 +0100

Hi there,

I just tumbled over PAN yesterday. It took me about 5 seconds to shove BNR
out the door!! PAN is just so much nicer...

But but but what is a new user without new requests :)
So here goes:

Task manager:
1) add a newsgroup column so it is possible to see which newsgroup is beeing
downloaded at the moment
2) it would be nice to be able to sort the entries in the task manager by
subject and newsgroup
3) autoremoval of completede tasks should be an option like for failed tasks
4) adding a guestimated time of completion (this is more like an indication
of the remaining time.. a lot of factors will make this difficult to make
100% correct )

Configuration:
1) it should be an option of always adding the newsgroup name to the
download directory
2) make it possible to enter a default Filter - as it is now one has to
change the filter for every newsgroup

This is it for now - I hope everything is a new request and not something I
have overlooked in the current version. If this is the case, please bear
with me ;)

Thanks for a cool program!!!

---
With kind regards