pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Unfeature request.

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Unfeature request.
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:22:17 -0700

On Tue 25 Feb 2003 16:27, Eric Ortega posted as excerpted below:
> Is there any way to make it so that PAN does _not_ think that a line ending
> in, for example, (2/25) is a part of a binary set?
>
> Some people like to use that ending to signify the date, and when they do
> that I can't figure out a way to read the article.

This would be another use of the "show me the raw article" button/menuitem
that came up in an earlier thread.  It'd be handy functionality, to be sure.

A current work around would be to use save-as, and save the entire article to,
say, your desktop or whatever, then open it with a text editor.  (KWrite is
what I use for all that sort of stuff, but any will do.)

I used to do this with mail folks forwarded to me that was 10 levels deep in
forwards, to edit out all the layers of forwards, if I wanted to save it
myself or forward it on starting new.  I sometimes used the same technique to
save attachments that were "inline" in OE, that I wanted to save, w/o saving
the entire post.  It works quite well, actually, for both mail or news.
After editing, all I had to do then was open it back up in my reader, and go
from there.  Unfortunately, PAN doesn't have the functionality to open up
random files as text format posts, yet, it would seem, either.  Some day..

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin