pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Unfeature request.

From: Michael Waters
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Unfeature request.
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:56:51 -0500

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 12:16 -0500, Michael Waters wrote:

> > > I see this happening too in binary groups.  In some threads where
> > > there's conversation, and there are responses to an original post
> > > that was binary (and has (x/y) in the subject), pan can't display
> > > some of the articles.  Clicking or using the keyboard makes pan
> > > display an article further down the thread or not display
> > > anything.
> >
> > Poor Pan.  If there was a consistent way to flag multiparts that
> > everyone adhered to, life would be simple. :)
> >
> > You can force Pan to read the article by right-clicking in the
> > header pane and pressing "read article".
>
> I could have sworn I tried that... can't remember for sure though.  I'm
> trying to find an example thread but wouldn't you know it, when you
> don't want it to work, everything works fine.  :)  I'll keep looking
> and report back.

I've found an example of this problem. There's no way to get pan to
show the article.  Rightclicking the article and choosing "read
article" results in Pan displaying the next article in the thread and
not the one chosen.  The same happens using 'enter', 'space', or
leftclicking.  Displaying a previous article and then choosing 'next
article' or 'next unread' does not work either.  Rclick - 'save as'
results in Pan saving the next article and not the one chosen.

The two article thread is in alt.binaries.monter-movies with subject:

Re: Freddy Got Fingered - Sample [1/1] - yEnc "A_N_R_sample.ogm" (01/32)

The authors are "Jay163" and "Caesium" and the posts are dated today
(Feb 26).  Pan shows these messages with the text icon and not as
binary posts.

Please let me know if you need more examples or if you need me to fill
out a bug report.

Thank you,
Michael