pan-users

[Pan-users] bug in 0.14?

From: frizop
Subject: [Pan-users] bug in 0.14?
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 15:21:38 -0500

Hi, today I queued up a buncha files on usenet to download and went to school. When I came back, pan was loaded, the file was in queue and in the Task Queue it claimed to be dling at XXk/s with XX minutes left to download. However, in the main window it showed two connections at 0k/s and gkrellm confirmed this, [as well as my modem]. I did a netstat, and my news server showed open ports, disconnected pan, ports still open and 'established'. Quit pan, now the ports show as "FIN_WAIT1" restarted pan, resumed download and now everything is working.

so, is this a known bug, my news server, or both? And if its not a bug, what can I do about it.

thanks in advance,
--Nathan