pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.14 - attempted fix of the "freeze when connection is l

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.14 - attempted fix of the "freeze when connection is lost
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 07:43:07 -0700

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 10:03:03AM +0200, Alberto BARSELLA wrote:
> Hi all,
>       again on the problem of pan not being able to resume downloads
> in case the ADSL (or whatever) link to the server is lost.  I've made a
> fix in sockets.c (diff patch appended).

Hi Alberto!

I like this idea and have committed your changes to CVS head.

I made a couple of tweaks -- I changed the variables to make explicit
the `consecutive' nature of the count, and added a log message after
Pan gives up and dumps a socket after too many EAGAIN messages --
but the patch should be the same as yours in all ways that count.

Attached is the patch I committed, if anyone wants to test it out.

cheers,
Charles