pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.14 - attempted fix of the "freeze when connection is l

From: Rinaldi J. Montessi
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.14 - attempted fix of the "freeze when connection is lost
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 12:01:26 -0400

Charles Kerr wrote:
On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 10:03:03AM +0200, Alberto BARSELLA wrote:

Hi all,
        again on the problem of pan not being able to resume downloads
in case the ADSL (or whatever) link to the server is lost.  I've made a
fix in sockets.c (diff patch appended).

Hi Alberto!

I like this idea and have committed your changes to CVS head.

I made a couple of tweaks -- I changed the variables to make explicit
the `consecutive' nature of the count, and added a log message after
Pan gives up and dumps a socket after too many EAGAIN messages --
but the patch should be the same as yours in all ways that count.

Attached is the patch I committed, if anyone wants to test it out.

cheers,
Charles

Applied and briefly tested. After throwing "Error reading from socket" message to log, resumes uneventfully. I'll post back if any problems arise.

In the back of my mind I'm wondering if this is a server problem. I'd noticed a lot of multi-part binaries freezing around the 95-97% completion point.

Adelphia uses Twister v1.2.0 and depending on which server I connect to it's anywhere from 13-16 hops, which I suppose means it could be a router problem as well, though not likely gauging by the amount of time the trace takes.

Thanks,

Rinaldi