pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] "Automatic" unsubscription (bug?)

From: Jim Reiss
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 19:03:32 -0600 (MDT)

> On a related note, the one-file-per-article storage system seems a bit
> unfortunate. It's of little matter if you don't want to keep articles for
> very long, but there are groups that I have archived since 1999 (in Agent)
> and the idea of hundred of thousand individual files sitting on my hard disk
> isn't all that appealing. :)
I agree.  Pan is in great need of a save-articles-to-mailbox feature.
I've relied on that capability in trn for over a decade.  These days
many Linux systems store mail in maildirs, though, so there may be
interest in keeping separate files for each article but organized as
a collection of mail (as opposed to the copy_2 copy_3 copy_4 etc.
stuff).