pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: gtkspell: Add to Dictionary???

From: CRH
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: gtkspell: Add to Dictionary???
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 19:32:09 -0500

On Fri, 16 May 2003 08:41:33 -0700, Duncan Combobulated:

> On Thu 15 May 2003 17:51, CRH posted as excerpted below:
>> I can't seem to get my gtkspell right click > Add to Dictionary choices
>> to stick. I think I need to create a file somewhere. ~/.gtkspell maybe
>> or something like that...???
>
> I had that problem @ 1 point.  I think it was b4 the aspell 0.50 update
> that combined pspell, as that update seemed to cure ALL SORTS of
> spelling related issues.  Anyway, the file that seems to retain that now
> is ~/.aspell.en.pws, the first line of which is "personal_ws-1.1 en 45".
> I believe the 45 is the count of words in it, so starting out that
> would be 0 for you.  The rest appears to be language, and version info,
> and may need to be specific to your aspell version and chosen language.
>
> (FWIW, running Mdk Cooker 9.2 beta here, updated to latest just
> yesterday.)

I'm running Debian sid (unstable)..... I hate calling it unstable! Cooker
is cooler!

I have 45 words in ~/.aspell.en.pws but I see that words that I have added
to the gtkspell dictionary are not being added to it.

address@hidden:~$ sudo dpkg -l|grep aspell
ii  aspell         0.50.3-11      GNU Aspell spell-checker
ii  aspell-bin     0.50.3-11      GNU Aspell standalone spell-check utilities
ii  aspell-en      0.51-0-3       The English dictionary for GNU Aspell
ii  libaspell-dev  0.50.3-11      Development files for applications with GNU
ii  libaspell15    0.50.3-11      The GNU Aspell spell-checker runtime toolkit

--
Ciao,
CRH