pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.14 running on debian unstable

From: Søren Boll Overgaard
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.14 running on debian unstable
Date: 21 May 2003 09:24:42 +0200

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 06:16, Alain Maisonneuve wrote:

> Anyone running into issues with pan running on debian unstable.. ever since i
> upgraded
> pan.. it seem to Hang.. the GUI looks up and won't refresh.. and i'm unable
> to kill the
> processes.
>
> I'm running pan 0.14 on Debian Unstable..

I am the Debian maintainer of pan.
The maintainer of libgnet has uploaded a version 2.x package to the
Debian archives, causing pan to not build in current Debian unstable.
Thus, I have attempted to port pan to libgnet2.x (as documented in the
Debian changelog for pan). While the code compiles just fine, it would
appear that it is somewhat buggy (http://bugs.debian.org/pan).

I am busy in the coming weekend, but over the next week or so, I will
see if I can track down what goes wrong. Until then, I suggest you
downgrade to the previous version of pan.

--
Søren O.