pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: convert XNews folders / "Connection to Mock Server"

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: convert XNews folders / "Connection to Mock Server"
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:48:58 -0700

QM posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,
 on Fri, 05 Sep 2003 10:27:22 -0500:

> I'm moving from XNews to Pan and would like to take my folder
> collections along with me.  I thought I'd be able to convert the XNews
> folders to Pan format using mbox2maildir but that fails.

I don't know the technical details, but I believe PAN's format is
"maildir-like", but not pure maildir.  You probably have to modify the
converter a bit, but since I don't understand the details, I'm no help
there.  Only thing I could suggest if no one else replies with more detail
would be "Use the source, Luke!"  <g>  Examine the PAN source and see how
it does it and go from there.

Benjamin Franklin