pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] convert XNews folders / "Connection to Mock Server"

From: Torstein Sunde
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] convert XNews folders / "Connection to Mock Server"
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 22:40:05 +0200

QM wrote:

> I'm moving from XNews to Pan and would like to take my folder
> collections along with me.  I thought I'd be able to convert the
> XNews folders to Pan format using mbox2maildir but that fails.
> [...]

Like Duncan said, Pan's format isn't pure maildir.

As far as I remember, you have to rename each file to the message-ID
(without the leading "<" and the trailing ">") plus the extension
".msg" for Pan to recognise it, e.g. to
  address@hidden
if the the message-ID line is

Did anyone write a script when Pan switched from mbox to
"quasi-maildir" between 0.12.1 and 0.13.0?