pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Unable to post to news groups

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Unable to post to news groups
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:54:29 -0700

Andy posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on
Fri, 05 Sep 2003 20:00:25 +0100:

> Hello
>
> I am experiencing difficulty posting to newsgroups. It doesn't seem to be
> specific to any newsgroup (problem experienced when posting to alt.os.linux
> and alt.os.slackware and alt.slack).
>
> The problem is that I attempt to post and the program looks like it is trying
> to post but then times out or just doesn't do it, gives me an error log
> message and informs me that it will be sent later, which of course only
> repeats the problems.
>
> Anybody here got ideas or suggestions?

First, you don't mention what version of PAN.

This sounds like the problem I had with posts of over about 200 lines some
versions ago.  There's a workaround in current versions (beta version
0.14.0.95 plus) to be reexamined for 0.14.3.  However, I assume you were
posting shorter posts than that, so I can't say.. except that I know
that's PAN's behavior when it finds something it can't cope with, from the
previous long post experience.

Benjamin Franklin