pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Unable to post to news groups

From: Andy
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Unable to post to news groups
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 08:27:46 +0100

On Saturday 06 September 2003 03:54, Duncan wrote:

> First, you don't mention what version of PAN.
>
> This sounds like the problem I had with posts of over about 200 lines some
> versions ago.  There's a workaround in current versions (beta version
> 0.14.0.95 plus) to be reexamined for 0.14.3.  However, I assume you were
> posting shorter posts than that, so I can't say.. except that I know
> that's PAN's behavior when it finds something it can't cope with, from the
> previous long post experience.

Hello Duncan
Thanks for replying. The Pan version is 0.14.2. You are correct in saying that
the posts I am referring to are not over 200 lines, even if I have been
quoting. If the post is mostly quoted, Pan properly indicates that, but the
problem happens whether I am quoting or not, with one liners or 100 lines.
It is really baffling me. I have uninstalled Pan and re-installed it, but same
problem. I am thinking I will experiment with KNode to see if that works
(which means that it is a difficulty I am having with Pan itself) or may mean
that it is a problem I am having with the server (although have confirmed
with my ISP that those are the correct settings) or my firewall (although I
can't see why that would block outgoing posts when it doesn't in my email
system). Very puzzling ... so if anyone wants to theorise - please be my
guest.

Cheers
Andy

--