pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: [wishlist] all subscribed groups view

From: ar
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: [wishlist] all subscribed groups view
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 01:47:52 -0400

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 16:23:49 +1200, Mark Derricutt wrote:

> --On Friday, September 12, 2003 20:56:17 -0400 ar
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> IOW a group-centric view.
>>
>> So in pan I wish for a new category (alongside 'Subscribed' 'Folders',
>> etc) called, eg 'All subscribed'.
>
> I was thinking of something simular, but instead of all, just added a 2
> level tree instead of a straight list, so you might have:
>
>   +- server-a
>   |  +- comp.os.something
>   |  +- comp.os.something.else
>   +- server-b
>      +- alt.binaries.good.newsreader

> The local folders could also be under a top level next to the servers as
> well:
>
>   +- local-folders
>      +- sent
>      +- drafts
>      +- outbox

That would be nice too. It reminds me of Calypso, a windows mail client I
used to use. Everything was subsumed under one tree view, including those
items and even things like the mail account definitions. It's a very good
design imo.

My suggestion of using a straight list though, was one which I thought
might actually have a shot, being relatively cheap to implement, and not
too disruptive of the current design - it's just adding another list to
the existing ones.

I dont expect to see it anytime soon, but the way it works now is still
worlds better than what I used to put up with using Agent, ie restarting
the program with a different ini file for each server. So I'm not
complaining :)