pan-users

[Pan-users] multipart messages with "application/octet-stream" attachmen

From: John F. Waymouth
Subject: [Pan-users] multipart messages with "application/octet-stream" attachments
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 01:02:55 -0500 (EST)

I frequent a news server that's attached to a web bulletin board.
Attachments to posts are unilaterally converted to MIME/multipart, and their
content-type seems to always be "application/octet-stream", even though
they're always images.  I was under the impression that pan could read
multipart attachments, but it seems to completely ignore them.  I'm using pan
0.14.0 on userforums.jasc.com (http://forums.jasc.com to register).

Is it a lost cause?  So far no linux newsreader I've come across handles
things anywhere close to as well as pan does except mozilla, and even it won't
display these attachments inline.  It's angered me for other reasons, so I'm
hoping to make pan my newsreader of choice if I can get a few problems figured
out.

Here's an example of a message (full text grabbed from Mozilla):