pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Problem downloading multipart messages

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Problem downloading multipart messages
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:12:49 -0700

K. Haley posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on Sat,
17 Jan 2004 18:01:36 -0700:

> Duncan wrote:
>
> | Edith Gross posted:
> |
> |> If I want to download a multi part message consisting of say 41
> |> parts and parts 8 and 10 are missing, but on another server the
> |> parts are there (but in turn, other parts are present).
> |>
> |> Can I download the message, that is, can I download the parts from
> |>  different servers?
> |
> | Downloading isn't the problem.  That's easy.  []
>
> The easiest thing here would be to create a new folder in pan and then
> copy the message parts into that folder.
>
> | The problem is getting PAN to combine them after they are downloaded,
> | []  Currently, there's no way to get PAN to do it automatically,
>
> Wouldn't the new manual decode feature work here?

OK.  I'm pleading to tired to think straight on this one.. (both
portions).  Putting all the parts into the same folder should indeed allow
auto-decoding.  I'm not sure how the manual decode feature works, as I
just came across it the other day, and didn't put all the logical pieces
together until you mentioned it.  (You could say the auto-multi-part
handling failed in my brain.  <g>)  With a bit of sleep, I'm looking at
your post now, and wondering how I could have missed all that,
particularly the accumulate-in-same-folder thing.  <g>

Good work!

Benjamin Franklin