pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan freezing on SuSE

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan freezing on SuSE
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 08:28:30 -0700

David Robertson posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:08:05 +0300:

> The error occurs, not when posting, but when downloading (binaries). If
> I run "pan --debug" I just get lots of gibberish (tho' I'm sure there is
> a more correct technical term!)which then stops when the program
> freezes.There is a lot of cpu usage, though.

Try the debug-trace and see if it always stops in the same function, for
instance.  Try debug-sockets and see if it always stops at the same point
in a socket connection or message fetch, etc.

There's also the strace program you could try, with its own huge list of
command line switches and parameters.  I often use it to see where a
program is looking for its config files, for instance, by tracing file
activity.

There's also gdb, altho it requires that the binaries be compiled with
debug info left in, and valgrind, and others.  These I've never used.