pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] RE: Re: Pan freezing on SuSE

From: David Robertson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] RE: Re: Pan freezing on SuSE
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:18:39 +0300

Duncan wrote:
Derek posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on Mon,
14 Feb 2005 10:29:44 -0800:

I am having this same problem and I noticed that it was always lock up, just
as it was going to finish downloading the headers from a newsgroup.

Has this problem been fixed? Switch to a new version?

See Daniel Rahn's posts.  Apparently, the CVS packages he had created were
unstable (as isn't unexpected with CVS packages from time to time).  He's
saying go back to the original SuSE 9.2 or whatever RPMs, which should be
more stable, for now.

(I know nothing at all about SuSE directly, while he's the one doing the
SuSE packages, so for that distrib, certainly best listen to him.  I was
just trying to help if I could, absent any more direct help from someone
knowing SuSE.)

Yup - the updated SuSE package I mentioned is no better, so I'll roll back to the stock SuSE from 9.1, I think: the one that came with 9.2 was no better (no version numbers to hand, I'm afraid).

David

--
Registered Linux User No 207521
The Linux Counter: http://counter.li.org/

"The above is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect that of the little voices in my head."