pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan Newbie - Signatures and Servers question

From: Tim Kynerd
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan Newbie - Signatures and Servers question
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 22:43:18 +0200

Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

Hi list - using Pan 0.14.2 on Fedora Core 3.
I've set my signature file in my Posing Profile but it doesn't appear in my posts. How do I fix that? Secondly, can Pan connect to the secure Netscape news server on Port 563? I tried setting this up, but nothing happened.

Thanks!

I had a problem with this a while back, and it turned out that I'd accidentally set my .sig as executable. If that's the case, Pan tries (correctly) to execute your .sig file and then uses the output as your signature, rather than using the contents of the .sig file. Could that be your problem too?

Best,
Tim